To help you keep your vehicle from being stolen, follow these helpful reminders:
* Park in well-lit areas with pedestrian traffic.
* Lock your vehicle, roll up the windows and take your keys with you.
* Hide valuables in a secure location, such as the trunk, under the seat or any place out of view.
* Consider using a steering-wheel locking device to help secure your vehicle.
* Consider installing a security alarm system for your vehicle.
* Consider installing a tracking device in your vehicle to help recover it if it is stolen.
* NEVER leave your keys in an unattended vehicle.
*NEVER leave the title to your vehicle inside your vehicle.
Top 10 Auto Theft Cities
+ Phoenix-Mesa, AZ *
+ Fresno, CA
+ Modesto, CA
+ Stockton-Lodi, CA
+ Las Vegas, NV
+ Miami, FL
+ Sacramento, CA
+ Oakland, CA
+ Seattle-Bellevue-Everett, WA
+ Tacoma, WA
What to do if your car is stolen.
Inform your local police department immediately. Criminals often use stolen vehicles to commit other crimes.
Auto Theft GPS Stolen Vehicle Tracking